Sunday, September 17, 2006

Contagious Joy

Just a few purchases...book came with tote

Lisa (Worship team leader), Patsy (A Diana Ross and Supremes 'wanna-be'), Sandi Patti


A group of us from church traveled to Philadelphia this weekend to attend the annual Women of Faith conference. 25,000 women worshiped, sang, prayed, listened, laughed, danced, hugged and cried. Our keynote speaker on Saturday was Robin McGraw (wife of Dr. Phil McGraw). After her very inspiring talk, as we were giving her a standing ovation (there was a lot of that all weekend...LOL!), the camera panned down the aisle and who was walking down the aisle but Dr. Phil himself! You should have heard the hootin' and hollerin' going on! I don't watch his show, but apparently his wife walks him on and off the stage every day on his TV show. Well, he gets up on stage and says, "My wife has walked me on and off the stage 756 times, I think it's only fair that I do the same for her today!" You should have heard the crowd. He briefly talked about how their faith is so important to them and thanked us for allowing Robin to share her story with us.

We had the pleasure of hearing the Christian group, Avalon. They have won numerous Dove awards (Christian music awards). And, OMG, have you ever heard Sandi Patti's voice?!?!? Wow....it's unbelievable!

This is about the fifth WOF conference I attended and it was by far, the BEST! I wasn't ready for it to end. Each year we talk about which speakers we liked the best and which ones we didn't really care for. This year every speaker, every musical group was just phenomenal!

I had the distinct pleasure of having Alyssa sit alongside me and watch her enjoying most every minute of it. I was sooo proud of her as she sang along with the music, doing the motions, dancing in the aisle and really getting into it. Her favorite part of the conference was hearing Sheila Walsh speak and listening and rockin' with Avalon. This will be the last conference she'll be able to attend with me...that was sad to think about, but if I'm still going in five years, maybe I'll just be able to invite her to come along once again!

Click here to meet the Women of Faith team!

Oh, and P.S....The 'Porch Pals', as the WOF team is called, will be on the Dr. Phil show on October 3, 2006. Be sure to watch it or throw a tape in!


Christian group, AVALON

Alyssa and Rachel having a snack at WOF

Front of brochure

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Dr. Phil!?!?!?!?! how cool is THAT?!?!? man.

sounds like a great time :-) glad you were able to share it with alyssa again! (you didnt cry when it was over, did you) :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE AVALON! I saw them at Calvary with Twila Paris-'course that was awhile ago!