Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ummm Good!

I have used the following dressing recipe for potato or macaroni salad for many years. I found it in a recipe book that I bought from a friend who was selling them through their church's fundraiser. I have had many compliments over the years. You can put whatever you want in the salad. For potato salad, I like to use hard boiled eggs, diced onions, bacon and potatoes. For macaroni salad, I use relish, hard boiled eggs, diced onions and sometimes a 6 oz. can of tuna in water. I usually double the dressing recipe.



1 cup miracle whip (you can use mayo if you prefer; i usually use light miracle whip)
1/4 cup oil
4 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar

Whisk or beat together and then add to the potato or macaroni salad ingredients. I like to make it several hours ahead of time, so the dressing has time to soak into the potatoes or noodles.

This time I decided to use small red potatoes and cut them unpeeled into quarters.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS YUMMY!!!!!!I LOVE red potato salad!