Sunday, June 04, 2006

Informal Restaurant Review

My friend, Monica, and I recently had the opportunity to go out to lunch together. We discussed where we wanted to go. I suggested The Shanty on 19th St. in Allentown. This had been one of our favorite restaurants for many, many years. They had a gorgeous salad bar. Apparently, the restaurant was sold fairly recently, and as a result, just isn't quite the same! Monica called the day before to be sure they still had the salad bar. They said they did. We were psyched and excited about having a nice big salad for lunch.

Well, they do have a salad bar, but it isn't the salad bar! They had about a third of the items that used to be on the salad bar. It used to have a beautiful presentation. Now it's up along a wall, several of the metal containers were empty, and they only had a few salad dressings. Monica and I are big bleu cheese fans and they didn't even have that. Boo-Hoo!

The salad tasted OK, but it was a standard salad. We could have gone to Ruby Tuesday's and had a much nicer salad.

I can't comment on any of the other items, as we only had salad, so I don't want to tell anyone not to eat there, but if you remember the salad bar at the old Shanty, and salad is important to you, I suggest Ruby Tuesday's!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

mmmmm...i could go for a good salad!