Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day 2006

What a busy day! Immediately after church this morning, we delivered Adam to Camp Ockanickon Boy Scout camp for a week (remember, I warned you about the weather!). It was a lovely relaxing drive down through Bucks County. Hopefully it won't be too hot or too wet throughout the week. If it's anything like today, he's doomed!

From there, we drove to Bubba's Pot Belly Stove Restaurant on Rt. 309 just north of Quakertown. I have many fond memories of this rustic log cabin restaurant from my younger days! I remember spending quite a few evenings there with friends. They still even have my favorite sandwich on their menu...the Mamie Duffy. This is an open faced tuna sandwich piled high with tuna salad and topped with lettuce, tomato, bacon and then broiled with cheese on top. It is served with thousand island dressing on the side, pickles and potato chips. I couldn't resist...it was yummy! Kurt had an open faced Reuben sandwich which looked delish! Alyssa had the best french onion soup that I've tasted in a long, long time. Even though it's been years since we ate there, the food is still terrific.

After our bellies were full, we traveled to visit Kurt's parents to wish his dad a Happy Father's Day. After spending some time with them, we dropped by Kurt's brother's house. Alyssa talked us into going for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery in Trexlertown. If you've never been there, you're missing out! It's not your everyday ice cream shoppe! They put your ice cream on a slab with these big spoons, then you tell them what ingredients you want in it, and they mix everything together. Then they scoop up the ice cream and load it into your dish.They have every topping under the sun from fresh fruits, to brownies, to every type nut imaginable, to candy toppings, to fudge, peanut butter, caramel....get the idea?!?!? It was quite an experience! Their sizes are 'like it', 'love it' and 'gotta have it'....

And now it's back to work....yuch!

3 comments:

sajmom said...

Hi, I was reading through your blog a little, you've commented on mine before. Not related to this post, but I was curious if you ever get free cross stitch patterns online? (And if you do, do you know of any good sites?)

Anonymous said...

I just read an article about this place-sounds divine! Thanks for sharing-pic looks yummy too!

Michele said...

No, sorry, I haven't ever gotten or even looked for free cross stitch patterns online. I did just recently order a wedding sampler online, but paid for it. I would think there would be something out there, but I have never looked for it....