Friday, October 03, 2014

Amish Yumasetta Casserole

My pictures don't look the prettiest, but this was a pretty good casserole and I'll definitely be making it again.  I got it from an Amish Facebook page I belong to.  Ok, I can hear you now..."the Amish are on Facebook?!?!?!"  No, I don't think they are, what I've been able to figure out thus far, it's mostly people who love the Amish, people who have Amish neighbors and those who used to be Amish.





2 lb hamburger
salt and pepper
Brown sugar
2-3 onions
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup (I messed up and got cream of mushroom soup instead, it was still good!
16 oz egg noodles
8 ounce processed Velveeta cheese

Brown beef and onions, drain.  Add salt, pepper and brown sugar to taste.  Mix with cream of tomato soup.  Combine noodles with cream of chicken soup.  Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in 9x13 pan.  The cheese goes inside the layer, not on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

No comments: