Monday, October 20, 2014

30 Years!

Today Kurt and I celebrate 30 years of marriage.  It just doesn't seem that long to me.  Well, I guess there's some days that it seems waayyy longer than that...LOL!!

Thirty years ago today started out cloudy and raining.  By noon, the rain had stopped and pretty soon the clouds parted and by the time we got married it was a beautiful fall day!

I had flowers put in church yesterday for our 30th anniversary.  Aren't they just beautiful?!!?  $15 for that gorgeous bouquet!  The only problem with having flowers in this house is that if we leave them anywhere that certain critters can reach them, they EAT them!  So, unfortunately, we always need to put them on top our entertainment center and they're just not as visible up there.


I was able to clear my calendar this evening so we could go out for dinner.  We weren't sure where to go, so I put the question out there on trusty old Facebook and got tons of suggestions (I want to go to all of them...LOL!).  We ended up choosing a restaurant on Main St. in Bethlehem called Corked.  The food was fabulous!  Thanks, Fiona, for the suggestion...we loved it!


My martini, Valley Sunset.


We each got their French Onion soup, which was delicious.


Our wedge salad that came with our meal.


My Filet Medallions Au Poivre.  It was delicious!  That's mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts with it.



A selfie as we were leaving :-)


Thirty years ago!  I like to call Kurt my 'Stevie Wonder' in these outdoor pictures!  I don't think we really even thought about his stupid photo-grey lenses when we did these pictures outside!!  

And, of note, Mom made my wedding dress for me :-)  I think the material cost all of about $150 at the time!


Here's a recent pic of us during our Fall Foliage tour last weekend!




No comments: