Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Ice Cream Truck!

Gosh, I don't know when the last time was that I got ice cream from an Ice Cream truck!  I must have been a little girl!  This truck has been coming round all summer; I kept missing it.  You need to understand, we live out in the country...it's not typical to have an ice cream truck out here!  Not that I really needed the ice cream (in more ways than one!).  In fact, today when I caught the truck, I had just gotten home from grocery shopping and had bought popsicles (mostly for the kids and Kurt); the bags were still sitting on the landing.  I could have easily grabbed one of those instead.  But it didn't come from the ice cream truck!  It just wasn't the same!  The funny thing is,  I don't even really care for popsicles or ice cream all that much.  

But maybe I should have held back and just waited til I put my groceries away and had one of the pops I got at the grocery store.  The choco taco I got was $3 and the Magnum pop was $4!!!  Gee, I don't remember them being quite that expensive 50 years ago...LOL!!  I think I probably paid that much for 2 boxes of Dove pops and 1 box of chocolate crunch bars!!

I'm pretty sure these'll taste much better though!


No comments: