Friday, May 23, 2014

Love It!!

I did this cross stitch in 12 days! I don't think I've ever done anything quite so quickly :) I needed to get it done so I could take it to my framing ladies, as they generally need ~2-3 weeks for framing. I had just taken something else in and told them about this and that I had just started it. I asked if I could get it to them by the following week, if they could put a bit of a rush job on it. I've been going to them for years and we've developed a friendship over the years, thus I think they were willing to do it for me.

Dr. Grunberg is retiring at the end of this month and I knew I wanted to do some sort of a cross stitch for him, but was kind of stumped as to what to do.  My initial thought was to cross stitch a quilt or quilt block, since I love Amish quilts.  But I wasn't really sold on that idea.  When I went in to surprise him at the office several weeks ago, I asked him what he was going to do with all of his free time.  He said he'd have plenty of gardening to keep him busy.  That was when it clicked!  I took a road trip to a cross stitch shoppe I found out about recently, which is near Reading and the owner helped me find this:


I'm thrilled with how it turned out!  I think the green frame is perfect, too!  I can't wait for him to see it! 

No comments: