Friday, May 23, 2014

Birthday Events

Alyssa had no car on Monday or Tuesday since we were waiting for her oil pan to be delivered.  She took my car on Monday and I stayed home.  I really didn't want to be stuck at home on Tuesday which was my birthday.  Sooo, I drove her to work and left right from there and headed to Lancaster for the day.  Since I was leaving Allentown around 7:50 am, I actually arrived at Shady Maple around 9:30 am.  They have a birthday deal that you can get your meal for free, but you must buy one meal at the regular price.  Since I was by myself, that wasn't gonna work out so well ;-)  When I went to the register, I asked if there was anything they did if one was by themselves.  They actually then charge you the child's price.  So I got my breakfast for $4.99!  Worked for me!


I did a little shopping in their gift shop downstairs:


Very typical in that area:





I stopped at the Mount Hope Wine Gallery and tasted a few different wines.  I held myself back and only bought a couple of bottles ;-)


My gifts from Alyssa!  So many that I needed to use the panoramic setting on my phone to get it all in one pic!


Well, this threw me off:


We had a VBS meeting Thursday evening and when I walked in to our meeting area, this was sitting there.  I was stumped as to who did it, til Alyssa gave me a little hint that it was her BFF Samantha.  So sweet of her....thanks Sam!!


And then, tonight, we went to the Newburg Inn for my birthday dinner.  We hadn't been there in eons and I pass the restaurant on at least a weekly basis when going to Wegman's to do my grocery shopping.  They've always had delicious prime rib and my mouth was watering for some good prime rib ;-)  They didn't disappoint!




Prim and proper Adam sipping his espresso martini (catch that pinky):


That then possessed Alyssa to order a creamy chocolate martini:


No comments: