Sunday, November 24, 2013

It Was A Doctor Who Kinda' Day

Today was the 50th anniversary of the British television show Doctor Who. There are people who are totally hooked on this show (not me!)...I think their official title are Whovians.  Well, I was in the midst of three of them today :)

Whovian #1-Sheri (on left):


Whovians #2 & 3-Jesse & Alyssa:



There was a 50th anniversary special of Doctor Who on this afternoon at 2:50 pm and then repeated again at 7 pm.  They watched both!  AND we had a Whovian supper!

Upper left is a mango/cucumber salsa.  Upper right is Honey Mustard Mock Custard and those are fish sticks on the bottom.  Why this combination you ask?!?!?



To be able to make/eat FISH CUSTARD TACOS!!


And for dessert we had GOOEY BROWNIE FAUX FISH FINGERS WITH CUSTARD :-)


Now, I will tell you this won't be a regular in my meal planning book, but for one meal it was OK :)  These recipes came from Alyssa's Doctor Who cookbook (see, I told you she's a Whovian...who else would have a Doctor Who cookbook?!!?!?)

**Oh, and BTW, meet Jesse, Alyssa's boyfriend ;-)**





No comments: