Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have no idea what I was thinking.  I made enough food for an army!  And none of us are that crazy about leftovers :-(  Fortunately, Adam really liked the stuffing that mom made (it was a new recipe using loose sausage) and he loves green bean casserole, so actually offered to take most of those back to school with him tomorrow.  I, however, have about 8 lbs of turkey left to do something with.  And I really don't like leftover turkey...LOL!  I have ingredients to make turkey potpie, but sheesh, how much turkey potpie does one need!?!?


You'll notice there was someone missing in the above picture (besides me, who was taking the picture).  Miss Alyssa had Thanksgiving dinner with Jesse.  She texted me this picture after supper.  I questioned her on it; said she forgot to send me a pic of her plate full, thus this instead ;-)


This was the exciting news of the week!  After me complaining for years that Adam was driving junk cars that constantly broke down, Kurt finally decided to look at a car for himself with the intention of passing his Audi down to Adam.  This whole process moved quite quickly in Kurt time; I think he started looking less than a week ago.  This is quite unusual; he's been 'looking' for a truck for the last 6-8 months.  I wasn't convinced when he found this Mini Cooper that anything would ever come of it....but, lo and behold, as of this AM he's now the owner of this cute little buggie.  It's a 2003, but only had ~67,000 miles on it and the price was right (believe me, if the price hadn't been right, he'd never have bought it!)


It's so tiny, though!!  Kurt said with the seat back, Adam can actually drive it and supposedly it's even more comfortable for him than driving the Scirocco.



Now I can rest easier knowing that Adam is driving a more reliable car :-)

No comments: