Saturday, December 05, 2009

Our Night

We started the evening have a comfort food meal. Clockwise from right, broccoli casserole, gravy, cole slaw, filling and roasted chicken. It was simply yummy!!

I shot a pic of the Christmas tree as I was sitting down with my glass of wine to blog and enjoy the evening in my mostly warm house.

Then we got the call. Adam was broken down on his way home from work. He couldn't get the car started. We had the opportunity to use my AAA card to have it towed home. Interestingly enough, it was not free, even though I had the card. The first 5 miles are free, additional miles are $3 per mile.

It was just beautiful outside, though. We got close to 5 inches of snow (1-3 inches had been forecasted), and it was a heavy snow, which is just hanging on the branches, signs, fences, etc. Had I been in the car myself, I would have stopped about every other block to take a pic, but I had a frustrated husband in the car with me who was not too thrilled about the whole car broken down, have to pay to have it towed thing...LOL! So I was stuck taking a few pics in our yard.



2 comments:

Sue said...

Michele, I invested for my son Tom the AAA Plus card, that gives you 100 miles towing for free, but it is also $75.00, quite a bit more than regular AAA. Chuck and I paid $73.00 for both of us for regular, so it is quite a bit more, but covers a lot more.

Tommy was always breaking down, so that is why I changed it to the Plus. One drawback for him they down tow commercial vehicles, like his work van, so what good is it, really in the long run. Sometimes they have you coming and going and you just don't know the right move.

The dinner looks yummy and the tree looks beautiful, like the snow on the trees & bushes. I have been trying to decide whether to put my little tree up or not. We just don't have the room with our ex-large doggie crate in our front room. The only place it could go is on top and I don't know if it is sturdy enough or if the dog won't knock it over.

Jamie said...

is snow the new sunset?