Sunday, October 18, 2009

Purty!

Our children sponsored flowers in church today in honor of our 25th wedding anniversary which is on Tuesday, October 20. They were especially beautiful! They sponsored one vase, the second one wasn't sponsored, which means it was available for delivery to a shut-in, or could be given to someone for a special occasion. There is a couple from church who also were married the same exact day we were, but one hour later. Each year we celebrate by going out to dinner together. I was going to be at their house this afternoon to attend a Home Interiors type party, so I took the second vase to Kathy and Bill so they could enjoy them (most likely they would have just sat in church on the secretary's desk for the week).


Thanks Alyssa and Adam! We love you both!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Happy 25th Anniversary, Michele & Kurt.

I remember my 25th very well. We had a huge celebration at, Flynn's on the Hill, in Philipsburg, NJ. We paid for the party ourselves. Chuck had gotten a huge bonus when he worked for, Sherwin Williams, so that is what I wanted for a present.

It was just awesome! Chuck played at our wedding, so I had the band he was in at the time play for our party. Then we had other musician friends sit in and sing & play. What wonderful food Flynn's have. He catered our wedding back in 1973, that was when he first started his catering service. So I wanted it with him again. We invited all our friends and old friends to celebrate with us. We had such a good time, that people talked about it for years, saying it was the best party ever. I told people to come in jeans or comfy clothes. It was not a dressup affair.

It is hard to believe that was 11 years ago.

Gail said...

Happy 25th! We're just a few years behind you.

I won a $25 gift card for Shady Maple at the Northwestern Lehigh Marching Band Competition. The best part is I got it without spending any money on raffle tickets. We each got a ticket just for coming to the show. Of course, we really don't know if it was my ticket or Dave's. Hmmmm.....my annual Lancaster shopping weekend is coming up in early December. We always stop at Shady Maple to shop. That gift card might just find its way into my wallet.

alyssa said...

...these flowers are news to me...so either you're jking and trying to make me feel bad or adam is suddenly an amazing son...

oh. and happy anniversary.

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

Wow what an amazing post. Congratulations to you both-May you have many more blessed years!