Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Day

Kurt had a commitment at work on Tuesday that wouldn't allow him to take the day off for our anniversary, so I went about doing various and sundry things I wanted to get done.

*I drove down to the Promenade Shops in Center Valley to go to the calendar store so I could get my yearly calendar Christmas gifts. The two most important reasons I went...for Kurt's calendar and my desktop calendar....they didn't have, which meant I basically wasted a trip down there! The only nice thing is that they gave me a coupon so I could order the calendars on line and use a code to get free shipping.

*Being down that way gave me the opportunity to drive past Penn State's new location for their Lehigh Valley campus. The drive down there took me about 40 minutes from home, and as Kurt pointed out, it was NOT during rush hour, so it could be a longer drive. There's a good chance that Adam will end up at this campus (if he ever gets his butt in gear and applies!!). I'm not too excited about that long of a drive potentially every day, but it is what it is!




*Since this is the third year in a row I've made this trek, I have made it a tradition to drive up route 309 and go to Bob Evans for lunch/breakfast. This time I chose to have breakfast. I had a leisurely breakfast while sitting there reading my Kindle.

*After breakfast, I drove to Martha and Fernando's house (names have been changed to protect the innocent....or at least they think they are innocent...I know differently!). Unfortunately, Fernando's employer (Mack Trucks) announced last year that they are moving their world headquarters out of state in 2010. Fortunately, Fernando applied for and got a job in their Hagerstown, MD division. Unfortunately, they are selling their house and moving closer to his new job. Fortunately, it is only two hours away. Unfortunately, it is two hours away. This is the big week. They have closing on their new house on Thursday. It's been a rough couple of months for them, Fernando has been living in a hotel during the week and coming home on the weekends, Martha has been trying to hold down the fort at home while he's gone. They've both been trying to coordinate selling their old house, buy a new house, pack, and do all the stuff that goes along with that. I'm happy that their ordeal is soon over and they can hopefully get settled in their brand new beautiful house, but I am so sad that they are leaving. I am going to miss Martha more than anyone can imagine, we have become more than sisters-in-law (did I do that right?!?!?!) over the years...she is the sister I never had. So anyway, I wanted to stop by and say my farewells for now....I've already committed to making a trip down to see them in the next month to deliver her 35,000 quarts of applesauce she made last month (it's probably not 35,000 quarts....maybe more like 25 or 30 quarts I guess...LOL!!).

*After leaving Martha, I ran to Kohl's to return the bargain of the year coat I had gotten Adam a couple of weeks ago. It was originally $159, on sale for $109, 30% off, plus I had $20 in Kohl's cash...which ultimately took it down to like $60!! He decided it was too small. Darn.

*Kurt and I went out to dinner tonite to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I polled my facebook friends last night asking for suggestions as to where we might go tonite. Lots of people made terrific suggestions...we ended up deciding on Beck's Land & Sea in Bushkill Center. It was phenomenal!! We both enjoyed our meals tremendously. It was by no means a cheap restaurant, and we won't be eating there regularly, but for a special occasion, it was great!

No comments: