Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lancaster!

Kurt and I spent the day in Lancaster County on Friday to celebrate our upcoming 25th anniversary. We originally planned to spend the night and come home on Saturday, but the weather had other ideas! When we realized on Thursday that we were going to have company (Mr. Nor'Easter), we decided to cancel our hotel reservation for Friday night and just go for the day. As is my custom, we had lunch at Shady Maple...I say my custom, because apparently Kurt has never been to the new restaurant they built!! He tried to go in the old building which houses a furniture store...LOL!! We stopped in a few shops, then had tickets for the 4:15 pm show of In The Beginning at Sight and Sound Theater. It was their next to last day before the show closed to prepare for their Christmas spectacular. It was phenomenal! I would highly recommend any of their shows. Their new one beginning in the spring is Joseph. We headed towards home about 7 pm, stopping only for gas & a little snack (candy bars...LOL!). We were still stuffed from our lunch earlier that day!! There's not too many pics, cuz it wasn't the greatest day for outdoor pictures!











1 comment:

Sue said...

I love Sight & Sound Theater. That show sounds wonderful, acually anything that theater puts on is wonderful. I can't even imagine a bad show. I really miss going on those bus trips to Lancaster.

How many of the shows have you seen, Michele? I have seen Daniel, Noah's Ark, and a few more that I can't remember. That is when I miss my mom, because we would go to them together. My old church, Bethel Memorial Baptist Church, in Palmer Township would get a bus trip going. At the time my sister-in-law, Carol, was the church secretary and she would organize one. I don't think they go anymore, because they have come to be very pricey going on the bus.

How much does it cost for tickets if you drive there yourself? Maybe, I could get my friend to go with me sometime, and then we could stop to eat at Shady Maple, like you and Kurt did.