Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Have A Job!

Alyssa's applied for a number of jobs since she got home from school last month, but no one contacted her for an interview. Knowing quite a few kids from church who have worked at Dorney, she felt fairly confident that if she applied there, she would not only be called for an interview, but also be hired. She had her interview a week ago, and had her training session today. She begins tomorrow! She'll be working in the Merchandising Dep't, which means she'll mainly work in gift shops. She asked for that as opposed to being a ride attendant, as she doesn't do well in the heat, and tends to get headaches from being out in the heat too long.


5 comments:

Jamie said...

beautiful! love the plad =) and the shirt even matches alyssa's glasses!

welcome to the working world!

Jamie said...

correction: plaid

before the spelling bee queen corrects me =)

Anonymous said...

One of our aides works in a gift shop at Dorney. I wonder if Alyssa will meet her. Her name is Christine.

Good luck, Alyssa!!!

I survived graduation last night...not a tear. It's sooooo big (783 students) that it loses something. Now July 7 will be a differnet story, I'm sure.

Sue said...

Both of their jobs sound like they will have fun, while working. It is really nice to have fun while you work, especially when you are a kid. Most jobs when you get older you don't seem to like them after a few years, but not me I still love my job as a school crossing guard. I really enjoy the kids and making friends with them. Most adults don't give kids any credit and if I can be a part of their life for a short time and they remember me after their done with school, that makes me feel that I made an impression on them. Kids are just so cute no matter how they act.

Anonymous said...

I think I like Sue's comments -yes I love my job more now than ever before! I took off 5 years to raise a premature son and another one (also a preemie-but not quite the same as far as medical issues go) and I would say that I love doing what I am doing now. That is so important to at least like your work. Yes, you may move on..but look at what the job has taught you as an individual and how have you grown as a person. I wish the best of luck to both-may you meet exciting people,learn new things, and grow as I know you will...