Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Burned

A number of years ago, I forwarded one of those mass emails to a friend. He then forwarded it to hundreds of people only to find out after the fact, that it was total fiction. As a result of that incident, I learned of a terrific web site called Truth or Fiction which will verify the story as, yep...you guessed it....truth or fiction! I have used this resource repeatedly to help me determine if an email I've received is accurate or not. You may want to save this site in your favorites. I've stopped emails right in their tracks when I've realized it was totally false.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I checked out that site and you have to be a member, which costs money. Too bad.

I too, also, hate emails that are false and you pass them around not knowing, if they are true or not.

But thanks for the info to this site.

Sue said...

Michele, I hope you don't mind if I added your blog to my blog. If you mind I'll remove it, let me know, OK.

Sue said...

What does the title mean? Nephron News. I like the name.

Michele said...

Actually, I use the site a LOT and have never needed to pay anything. Just click on 'search', which is at the top, put a few key words in and the choices come up to choose from. You can then choose the 'urban legend' that applies.

Michele said...

Oh, and p.s....it's OK that you added Nephron News as a link on your blog. Thanks!