Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Weekend

* Friday night was Alyssa's final band concert. I was very proud of myself; I did not cry. The concert was excellent! I videotaped one of the songs using my camera with the hopes of uploading it onto Google video, so I could put it on my blog, but I have been unsuccessful thus far in getting it to upload. I'm going to have Adam help me figure out how to make a picture from one of the videos and I'll post that.

*Alyssa and I spent the entire day (and I do mean entire...LOL!) shopping for college supplies. We got items such as blocks to raise her bed, metal milk crates for her to use as a nightstand/bookshelf, stationery supplies, a rug for by her bed, a two piece set of dishes, a shower caddy, and so on and so on. I thought we were ahead of the game, but happened to talk to a friend and she started spieling off this, that and the other thing that we hadn't even thought of. A corner of my kitchen now looks like a dorm room!

*Today is my 48th birthday. The kids got me a Dirt Devil Kone. It looks kinda kool in my living room! Kurt got me a digital frame that shows my pictures from my camera's memory card. It will play videos and music, as well. I'm thinking this may come in handy for Alyssa's graduation party! Tonight we are going to eat at a restaurant in Bethlehem called Starter's. I've never been there, but Kurt had the opportunity to eat there recently and enjoyed it.

*We had our annual Chime and Handbell Concert this morning at church. It was another emotional event! Alyssa has stood alongside me for the last two and a half years on the choir. Today was the last time for that. On behalf of the whole choir, Sandy, our bell director, gave her a beautiful gold cross that is a piece of estate jewelry. I probably would have gotten through it without crying until Sandy started up!

This was just a test picture!

Our Handbell Ensemble

Closer shot of us (notice there's no smiling going on...I say she either gets me to hit the right notes...or smile...it's not BOTH...LOL!!)

1 comment:

sajmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday!