Thursday, May 24, 2007

El Club de Espanol


Tonight was Spanish Club's end of year dinner at Tortilla Flat on Main Street in Bethlehem. There were about twenty five of us there. We had a very nice evening. I wasn't overly impressed with the food; it was OK, but I've had better food elsewhere. Kurt didn't go along as he has a bible study on Thursday nights, but my mom joined us. It was fortunate that she did, because I ended up taking the money out of her birthday card (It was her birthday today; I had put $60 in the card for her Ireland fund) to pay for dinner!! We thought we had made arrangements with the waitress to have separate checks, but when the check came, it was all together. I had planned on paying with my credit card, which obviously wasn't going to work now! Our bill for four was $100, but I only had $40! So I made mom open her birthday card, so I could take the $60 back from her!! We stopped at a Mac on the way home, so I could give mom her birthday money back!

Alyssa and Jayne

From left to right: Hannah, Jayne and Alyssa (Yes, Hannah and Jayne are twins!)

Adam, Alyssa and Senorita Slozer (Alyssa's Spanish 4 teacher and also the Spanish Club advisor)

Adam eating a Bunuelo (a dessert)

No comments: