Sunday, October 08, 2006

Collegiate Band Festival

Kutztown University


Alyssa got tickets for her and I to attend the 11th annual Collegiate Marching Band Festival which was held today at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown. I wasn't really looking forward to going, but I had a fantastic time! The festival featured seventeen of the nation's finest college marching bands. College bands from as far away as Massachusetts and Virginia participated. Some bands had as few as 65 members, while one had 350 members. We weren't expecting the hot sun, though! I never even thought to bring sunscreen....it's October, for heaven's sake!! Alyssa and I both have sunburn on the right side of our faces!! Here are some pictures...be sure to click on them so they enlarge....there will be more of an impact with a full size picture.

Slippery Rock


Shippensburg University

University of Delaware

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Dave, Jcaob, and I were there as well! It certainly was hot, but we enjoyed it as well.