Saturday, March 18, 2006

English 101....Good and Well...

As some of you know, I have off on Thursdays. I have been volunteering at Moore Elementary for the last ten and a half years on my day off. I help the fourth grade teachers out in various ways...stapling, collating, grading, cutting, pasting, collecting, filing, etc. This past week, as I was separating language arts papers for two teachers, I came across a homework paper on the words 'good' and 'well.' I remember having a recent discussion about the correct use of these words with family members. I borrowed one of the extra homework sheets and brought it home with me. I thought maybe we could all use an English lesson reminder on the correct way to use these words.

Use the adjective GOOD to describe nouns:
Audrey chooses good colors.
Light pink would be a good color for the walls.
She had a good idea.

Use the adverb WELL to describe verbs:
Audrey paints well.
She knew the store owner well.
Audrey painted her room well.

Now here's a few for YOU to do:
Audrey planned her paint job _______.
Blue is ______ for a cool look.
I am ______, thanks for asking.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

hehe

Jamie said...

well
good
well