Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Big 5-0!!

Kurt celebrated his 50th birthday on Friday, March 10th. Alyssa, Kurt and I went to the Texas Roadhouse (wouldn't recommend it for anyone with peanut allergies...there were peanuts and shells everywhere you looked...)and had a great meal. It was kind of low-keyed. We sent him a basket of goodies with all his favorites....chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels and coffee!
Today we had a surprise birthday party (at least the kids and I THOUGHT it was SURPRISE!!) for him at his brother's house in Fogelsville. The kids and I went to every extreme to try and make it a surprise, but he admitted that he suspected something was amiss!! I struggled with what to get him for his birthday...Adam thought he might want a spray gun for when it comes time to paint the Austin Healey he is restoring. Kurt's brother informed me already has one of them. After further consideration, I decided to give him a half day racing experience at Pocono Raceway. When he looked at the page I printed out from the web site, he said, "What, are you trying to kill me off?!?!?!?" We had an enjoyable afternoon, having the opportunity to visit with his two brothers, one sister, his parents and my mom. Plus the chocolate cake with peanut butter icing wasn't too bad either....LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish Happy Birthday to the Old Man for us!

Jamie said...

hi curt!! happy belated b-day and too bad you like peanut butter :-)