Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Time To Vent :-(

I've made it a point to not talk about my job.  But there are some days that just suck. Today was one of those days.  When the tears come, you know it's been bad.  Or, at least, I know it's been bad.  I spent the last 20 years knowing anything and everything about kidneys.  Now I have to know anything and everything about every part of the body.  I'll admit it- this has been a huge learning curve the last year.  I've had to learn things about organs and body parts I never even knew existed...and the things that can happen with those organs and body parts.  I really have picked up a lot of new information over this past year, but there's still much more to learn.

Unfortunately, one of my calls did not disconnect right away as it usually does after we were finished with our conversation, and I managed to hear the person I had been speaking with telling her co-workers how much of an idiot I was and then I could hear them all laughing because she apparently had been making faces the entire time she and I were talking on the phone.  I'm sorry, but I'm not an expert yet on knees; I may never be an expert on knees.  Not to mention, I misheard something she said during the call; I clarified it as soon as I realized that I hadn't heard her correctly.  I guess that wasn't enough; she told her friends; they laughed about that, too.

I know it's stupid of me to let it bother me, but I've been a nurse for 35 years and have always been respected in my profession.  It's kind of hurtful to be ridiculed.

Oh, well....tomorrow is another day.....


No comments: