Saturday, August 15, 2015

Shrimp Scampi

I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It was quick and easy to make and we enjoyed it, I'll definitely make it again.

1 lb shrimp (I bought a one pound bag of cooked/cleaned medium shrimp from Wegman's)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cloves garlic (I used the fake stuff in the jar)
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (I'd probably use a bit less of this next time)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 white wine (I used the cooking wine from Wegman's)
8 oz. linguine (1/2 box)
Salt/pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper. Cook until shrimp is pink, about 3-4 minutes.  Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.  Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta.  

Serve immediately garnished with parmesan cheese.

**Observations**  
1.  I used about 3/4 of the box of linguine, I think by doing that it 'used up' more of the liquid.  We had plenty for the two of us, (it would have been enough for probably 4 of us) thus I think in the future I'll pay attention to the directions and use 1/2 box as directed, which in turn should make it a bit 'juicier.'

2.  I added asparagus.  That was not called for in the recipe.  I really liked it in there.  I added it just at the end of the cooking, while I was draining the pasta.

3.  I used a generous 1/2 teaspoon of dried red pepper flakes, it was probably a bit too much.  I think next time I'll keep it just shy of a 1/2 teaspoon.


No comments: