Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Keeper!

Since it was just going to be me and Kurt for Easter dinner (and my Mom), I decided I was not going to any special trouble for dinner. I found this recipe on someone's blog that I follow and thought it looked easy and good!  I threw the sauce together last night, then this AM prior to church I threw the chicken in the crockpot and poured the sauce on top and that was that!

I roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts with some olive oil and salt/pepper and made white rice. The only thing I'd do differently is NOT cook the chicken too long ;-)  We probably should have eaten an hour earlier...or I should have started it later this am (that was not an option because of leaving for church).




Honey Garlic Chicken

1.5-2 lbs chicken (I used 6 thighs and 3 breasts, so I'd have leftovers)
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped (I used the minced stuff in a jar)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Put chicken in the crockpot.  In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour evenly on top.

Cook on low for 6 hours or 3-4 hours on high.  (They suggest using a 4 quart slow cooker, if using something bigger, it will cook faster. I think that was my problem....I used my 6 quart slow cooker and the chicken cooked almost six hours).

No comments: