Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A God Wink Kinda' Day


What a day!  Two days in fact!  I started yesterday out by having lunch with Jamie and Joss. It was great just sitting there and talking and catching up! Today I went to my former place of employment (a satellite office, hoping against hope no administrators or certain physicians would show up!) and met Alyssa for lunch, knowing that Dr. G. would be there seeing patients.  I have not seen him since December.  We've talked on the phone several times, but haven't seen each other at all.  He recently announced his retirement.  I knew I needed to visit him one day soon, and today seemed like the perfect day with Alyssa being there.

We had a wonderful visit, he was so glad to see me; we sat and talked for close to an hour just catching up.  Alyssa and I then left and went for lunch.  As we were finishing up our meals, I got a text from Pam (above) wondering where Alyssa was; she had a half day and had decided she wanted to come to see Dr. G, too :-) but Alyssa had locked him in the office, so she couldn't get in.  I asked her to stay for a few minutes, that we'd come back right away.

So back in we all went, he had his office door closed, I knocked and walked in saying, "Look what I found wandering the streets of Easton" and in walked Pam.  He got this huge smile on his face.  It was like old times almost.  The three of us chatted for a while, then had Alyssa take a pic of the three of us.

It was time for him to start seeing his afternoon patients, so we headed out, leaving Alyssa and Dr. G. there to carry on.  Pam and I decided to go to Wendy's to get drinks and catch up....two hours later (!!) we were leaving.  It was wonderful just sitting there and catching up on everything.

Pam said she has a friend that says there are some things that she refers to as a 'God Wink'. We both decided that's what today was.  We especially felt that was what today was when I told her that I had planned on doing this last Tuesday, but since I had a cold, I waited until today.  She had a half day to take her kids to the dentist, but had to cancel their appts, but chose to keep her half day.  As a last minute decision, she decided to stop by to say hi to Dr. G. I think today was just meant to be :)

No comments: