Saturday, March 02, 2013

Chicken & Broccoli Casserole

This is one of our favorite casseroles. I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe before!



2 bags frozen petite broccoli florets
2 cups (or more) shredded chicken (or just boil chicken on stove)
2 cans cream chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Microwave broccoli, drain.  Arrange broccoli in greased 9x13 pan.  Layer chicken on top.

Combine soup, mayo, lemon juice and curry powder.  Mix well.  Pour over chicken.

Sprinkle top with cheese.  Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees.

Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a mug.  Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs and mix well.

About 15 minutes before done, remove foil.  Add bread crumb mixture on top and bake  for remaining time.

Delicious!!

**I often use extra chicken, and make a 1.5 batch of the sauce.  I then use a bigger dish.

1 comment:

sajmom said...

Hi Michelle!
I was looking something up for one of my kids on my old blog, and on a whim decided to check out your blog (wasn't sure if it was still here. Yup, you're still going strong!) Anyway, I just pinned this recipe from your blog, hope you don't mind!