Friday, August 17, 2012

Almost Over Already???

What exactly happened to summer??  I can't believe that Adam goes back to Penn State a week from tomorrow already!  I feel like he just got home!  He'll be living in an apartment off campus this coming year with 4 other guys in his major (well, i think they are all 'engineering' majors...maybe not 'nuclear engineering' majors).  I think it'll be interesting to see how 5 guys living together in an apartment will pan out ;)  I don't expect it'll be anything like when Sarah and Alyssa lived together!

He took a day off this week and he and Katrina used the two Hershey Park tickets I bought earlier this year.  Our church orders them in the Spring and they are half the price of tickets bought at the park.  Katrina took these pics, I asked her if I could borrow (steal) them :)






And here's a pic taken this past weekend when Katrina visited us on Sunday.  She and Adam went to Musikfest for a few hours.


The last we talked, Alyssa was temporarily working at my office, covering while one of the phone receptionists was out recuperating from a total knee replacement.  Nancy came back last week, and Alyssa and I were totally expecting that she would be told, 'Thanks, it's been nice!'....but instead the practice administrator offered her a FULL TIME position with a raise and benefits!!  Clearly, (or at least, I hope) this is not what she wants to do with the rest of her life, but until she figures out where/when she's gonna get started with her pursuit of the ministry, this is certainly nice filler :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear Alyssa has something full-time for now. Will you be visiting that apartment?

We take Jacob tomorrow for band audition. The 11 days went soooo quickly, but we hardly saw him....he's been in the basement playing video games and/or watching videos. I guess he's making up for not playing video games at PSU.

Good luck with the move!