Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I went on a roadtrip yesterday to this cross stitch shoppe in Glens Mills, PA, which is actually about two miles from the Delaware border!

Seemed like the logical thing to do to drive the couple miles to get into Delaware to find me some cactus juice. I was, however, totally unsuccessful:(

I couldn't leave empty handed!
I was only a few miles from West Chester University and had never been there, seemed like a logical choice to check it out!


Very nice campus :)

One of the buildings.  

Chris, Fiona and kids had a birthday cake for me today :) which was totally unexpected, but very much appreciated!!

And they got me flowers, too :)  Thanks guys!
Alyssa:  "Put your heads together, like you love each other!"
Kurt:  "You mean, like this?!!?"

Alyssa: "Mom, your eyes were closed!"

Alyssa:  "We gotta do it again...."
(Kurt and I had NO clue we had a third party in these pics...LOL!!  I cracked up when I finally looked at these pics on my phone....)

Finally!

My gift from Alyssa :)

Inside front cover....lots of pics inside.  Brought tears to my eyes :-)

My gift from Adam :)

Me and Alyssa at lunch :)

We had a lovely lunch at That's Amore in Bethlehem.  The four of us, plus Sarah (Alyssa's college roomie and BFF) and Ian (Adam's buddy from college, who's gonna be spending some time with us this summer) totally enjoyed our meals.  And the chef, who's a friend, sent out a mini-cannoli for each of us for dessert :)  Kurt informed me earlier in the day that he didn't have presents for me as of yet...one of them hasn't been delivered yet (no clue!), and the other one 'I needed to do myself.'  I had no clue what that meant ;)  I learned this evening that the 'do it myself' gift was that I could sign up for Amazon Prime, which in addition to giving me free shipping on Amazon, will allow me to watch thousands of movies/TV shows on my Kindle Fire.


All in all....a good day :)




No comments: