Sunday, February 20, 2011

THON 2011!

$9, 563,016.09 RAISED!!



Comments twittered during THON's live webcast:

Statement made by a parent whose child who died from cancer: "Most of all, I want you to dance, I want you to THON, because I don't want you to ever -- ever -- have your child die in your arms." :*(

Statement made by a dancer: "There's a difference between dancing with your feet and dancing with your heart."

17 year old valedictorian, student council president and cancer fighter closing out his speech to THON participants: "I don't want to survive. I want to live." (Quote from Wall-E)

Penn State student dancer: "He was never a sick kid to me, he was just my little brother. Through 8 years of treatment, he was happiest here at THON."
Quote from Charles Millard, founder of Four Diamonds Fund: "When we do things for ourselves, they die with us. When we do things for humanity, they live on forever."
Unknown: "One day we will dance in celebration. Until then, we dance for a cure."

Khloe Kardashian: "How are my THON dolls doing?! Almost over!! "

Dr. Spanier: "Nothing makes me more proud as President of Penn State than THON."
THON dancer: "Our backs are sore, our feet our sore, but our pain is nothing compared to what those kids go through."
Joe Paterno: When they say, ‘We Are Penn State,’ this is what they are talking about.”
Unknown: "Its a great day to be a penn stater!" <3

Other comments:
Alyssa Geiger: $9, 563, 016.09 all for the kids, the families and the cure. What an incredible year. Thank you to everyone who made it possible.
Sarah Dickert: Waddup atlas and your $381,000!!! Oh btw, my school raised $9.56 million for kids with cancer, what did your school do?

No comments: