Thursday, February 17, 2011

LOVE!

I spent the day with my sister-in-law last Friday. She has this fabulous secret recipe for cookies that everyone just loves! I asked her if we could make a batch to send to Alyssa for Valentine's Day. She was kind enough to make the batch the night before (it has to chill overnight in the fridge) and when I got there Friday morning we (mostly she...LOL!) made the cookies, then while we went out to get a bite to eat and make a quick stop to Walmart to get a container and bubble wrap, they cooled. When we returned home we iced them.


As you can see, Alyssa was ecstatic! They received 30 cookies (note that they're fairly sizable) on Monday. Last night when I spoke with her, there were only three left!!! Now, they did give a few to one of the guys in their major who lives in the same complex, but I don't expect they shared too many with him :)

The cutest thing, however, was how excited she was that we had packed the box with PINK bubblewrap :):)


3 comments:

Jamie said...

super secret?!?!?!? now i HAVE to have that recipe!!!

Sue said...

Michele, did the cookies stay in one piece? My sister-in-law lives in Florida and every year she mails me cookies, homemade candy, and some trinkets, but the cookies are mostly broken and crumbly by the time I get them. She even packs them tightly in the box.

Nice present to receive in the mail. I'm sure she was surprised and loved the treat.

Michele said...

They did! Not one was broken. We put them in a disposable 9x13 rubbermaid container...layered them with waxed paper....then cut out several sheets of bubble wrap to fill the rest of the 9x13 so the cookies couldn't shift. The priority one box we used was pretty form fitting so we didn't really need to use much bubble wrap to keep the container from sliding around in the box.