Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chick-Fil-A

A new Chick-Fil-A opened today between Easton and Nazareth. As I drove by the restaurant on Wednesday, I noted a bunch of tents set up on the property. I had heard they do something special on their grand opening for the first 100 customers, but wasn't sure exactly what it was they do. I went back on my lunch hour to take some pics, cuz it just amazed me that people would go to these extremes for a freebie. Today I saw a news story on our local station that they actually give the first 100 customers free chicken filet sandwich meals for a year! I guess knowing that now makes it worth it! They interviewed a woman who was camping out from Hatfield, PA and a gentleman from Maryland, so guess they come from all over!!





**Enlarge the pics to get a better of idea what it looked like!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I think they are nuts! I wouldn't do that in this cold weather for a free meal.

Michele, too bad in the 70's we didn't have digital cameras, because I would have gotten a picture of the people that slept on the slats on the billboard off 7th and Rt. 22. Do you remember that? I suppose you were not old enough to remember that. A radio station from Allentown was running a contest on the longest time a person slept there without coming down. I believe it was WAEB.

Michele said...

LOL, Sue, I wish i wasn't old enough to remember them!! It would have been sometime after August of 1977 that they lived up there, as that was when I started nursing school, so I would have been in Allentown by then. I certainly do remember those goofballs up there!!