Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shtuff

I finally took the time tonight to go through all the stuff that came with my new camera. I tried to keep it all together and didn't download any of the software until I was sure I was keeping the camera. The software that came with the camera is pretty neat; I don't think I'll need to figure out why the Picasa isn't working on my computer! This seems just as good, if not better. It did take me about a half hour to figure out where to find these pics in the computer that I took, though...LOL!

The first two pics are the kids and chaperones who are going to New Orleans next month to the Lutheran National Youth gathering where about 25,000 teens will unite for 5 days. The kids hosted a spaghetti dinner and silent basket auction. I'm not sure how much was raised tonight; the one we had in February raised close to $2,000 to help offset the cost of the trip. They are surrounding a few of the baskets that were made; I made the one wrapped in blue. In a big plastic bowl, I had a box of popcorn, three boxes of movie candy, a three pack of Cracker Jack and three DVD's: Maid in Manhattan, Enchanted and Castaway. I was a little disappointed; I spent about $27 on the whole basket and it only went for $15. (Oh, yeah, and the kids decorated the shirts they have on. They decorated red, green and blue shirts...each day they'll wear one of the colors to help identify them.)

The rest of the pics are self-explanatory! (Except maybe the last one; that's Keystone Cement in Bath, the tall tower is new and Kurt recently had the opportunity to go to the top. Unfortunately, he didn't have a camera with him, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway, probably, as it was raining and cloudy the day he was there.)









2 comments:

Sue said...

Michele, I don't know if you said what kind of camera that you are thinking of purchasing, but what name is it? It takes beautiful pictures. Where are you buying it from that they are letting you try it out for a while to see whether you want it or not?

I like Jamie and John's camera that her brother gave her, I believe it is a Nikon, don't quote me on that. Maybe some day I will be able to get a nice camera like that. We have a Cannon PowerShot A95. It is better that the one we had before, but it is getting a little outdated, now. But with money so tight it will have to wait for a bit.

Sorry, your basket didn't sell high enough to at least make it worth what you paid for the materials to make it.

Michele said...

I got my new camera at Dan's Camera City in Allentown; it is an Olympus Stylus 1020 and is compact. I was looking for more zoom capabilities; this one is a 7x zoom as opposed to a 3x zoom on my old camera. They didn't technically tell me I had two weeks to 'try it out', but said you have two weeks to return it...I took that as an opportunity to use it as a trial period!

I do like Jamie's camera, and I'm sure it's much much better than either of mine, but I like the fact that I can keep mine in my purse. I have taken tons more pics having mine with me at all times than if I had a bigger one. I'm certain I wouldn't always have it with me if it were bigger.