Sunday, June 28, 2009

Joey

Dr. G. has a buddy...he named him Joey. He's a squirrel, as you can see. He (Dr. G, that is...LOL!) opens the window, lifts the screen and neatly lines peanuts up on the outer window sill for Joey to eat.

The other day when I was leaving work at the end of the day, there were TWO squirrels out there. When I tried to tell that to Dr. G. he argued with me, saying, "There's only ONE Joey...there can't be TWO out there!" Fortunately I had taken pictures of them both (I know....they both look the same, right?), so I could prove to him that there were indeed two of them out there. He has now decided his partner is Mrs. Joey...LOL!!

This is Joey:

This is Mrs. Joey:


This is din-din!


And a close-up:

Side note: I told Dr. G that I wanted him to put the peanuts out, so I could go out and take a picture of them. He, of course, wanted to know why I would want to do that. I then had to explain to my 69 year old boss that I have a blog! I chose to not go into detail with that...he's not a computer guy, I'm sure he had no clue what I was referring to!! Well, this turned into a big game with him; he made sure he told me that he had put them out, and insisted I drop everything I was doing and go out with my camera and take my pictures! He was certain that if I didn't go out immediately I would get on the phone with my boyfriend (that would be Dr. K...it's an inside joke!) and never get outside to take my pics and the peanuts would be gone by the time I finally managed to get out there! So while he basically stood there watching me, I ran out with my camera to get the last two pics!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like a very nice working enviroment. I too had a pet squirrel many years ago when I was a crossing guard on 18th and Washington Blvd. I named him speedy. I would call his name when I got to the corner and he would come running from a block away. He was so cute. He would take the peanut from my fingers and not bite me one iota. He looked forward to me coming everyday with his peanuts. Back then there was this huge tree there he would climb and live in. When the tree was taken down Speedy lost his home and one day not long after that I lost Speedy. He was electricuted. I found him a block away dead. It was very sad for me, cause I lost a good buddy. He would dance for me and play with me for his peanuts, it was just so darn cute.

Karen Petersen Pasquel said...

Cute! & you're in the pics too!