Saturday, June 21, 2014

Our New Deck :-)

Before:



The first of many trips to Lowe's:


The progression:




This was the ONLY thing Kurt did in the building of the deck!  Adam did everything else by himself! He accidentally hammered in to an electrical wire, Kurt needed to fix that:










Well, this was interesting!  He'd meow like CRAZY when we were outside and he wasn't.  The kids bought him a harness and a 'leash'.  As soon as they'd put the harness on, he acted like he was paralyzed!  He would not move!  So we'd put him back in the house.  Within minutes he'd be crying to come back out...LOL!!





The sorta finished project.  He still has boards to nail down and Kurt does want to put a 'roof' of sorts under the deck so it doesn't rain down in to the patio.  Also, he plans on replacing all the wood on the balcony deck.  I, personally, would be fine if it went away totally :)  I think I may have sat out there once back in the early 90's when he built it.  And now I'll really have no reason to go out there.  PLUS, I won't even stand on it-Kurt assures me it is strong enough to take my weight, but I just don't trust it.  The most I use the balcony for is to open the door for fresh air, or to shake rugs out!  I've actually suggested to him that he shorten the length of it, but am letting that decision up to him based on whatever ends up being the easiest for him.

And as far as this deck goes, Kurt's been talking about building a deck for YEARS!  I never thought I'd see this day.  I am sooo proud of Adam for doing this....and all by himself for that matter!  He did a fantastic job!  PLUS, he did it in less than two weeks!  I have been out on the deck almost every day since it's been 'sittable' and not raining!


And then there was this surprise on Father's Day!  Adam bought us a new gas grill for our new deck!


Making our first meal on the grilll...marinated rib eyes!  Yum!!



And, as if, building ONE deck wasn't enough, he just spent the last week and a half building this deck for his Uncle Chris and Aunt Fiona!




Way to go, Adam!!








No comments: