Sunday, April 03, 2011

Cream of Potato Soup

Recipe compliments of Jamie :)
1 and 1/2 cups each of chopped onions and celery:

8 potatoes, diced:

Saute onions and celery in 6 Tbsp. butter:

Add potatoes and 4 cups water, cook potatoes til done:

Add 2 1/3 cups milk mixed with 4 Tbsp. flour and add to soup mixture:

Add 1 lb. velveeta cheese, cut into pieces:

Optional-add one bag frozen or one head, fresh broccoli florets:

Enjoy!!

The soup was delicious...we all enjoyed it! I did end up adding one small can of chicken broth just before I served it, as it had gotten very thick (there went the vegetarian soup...LOL!) This made enough for two meals for the three of us, plus I had a small container left over for my lunch tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Looks so yummy! I will have to try it for me. Chuck wouldn't eat this good looking soup. He is too picky of an eater. Thanks for sharing.