Saturday, August 28, 2010

Amish Country

Kieran and I went to Lancaster County yesterday to help Martha celebrate her si....thgeghthe....ty first birthday at Shady Maple. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, we had a terrific time and enjoyed spending some time with Martha on her birthday!

Uh....FAIL!

Me and my partner in crime for the day:

The birthday gal with the cute salt and pepper shakers we got her:

We all celebrated Martha's birthday with her (aka...I have no idea who most of these ladies are...LOL!!)

Tobacco....all the times I've been to Lancaster, never saw it harvested quite like this:


Don't see these guys laying down on the job very often:

Afternoon snack:

Resting in the shade:

Tobacco hanging in the barns drying:

Don't see a white deer too often:

Would you believe we asked him to stand and he did!?!?

Managed to find this place again, wanted to show Kieran what an Amish house looked like inside. Kurt and I found this place back in 1994 when we spent a weekend in Lancaster to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary....16 years later, they are still there!

And I couldn't resist! I saw this laying in their back room and fell in love with it!! At this point, it is just the design; it still needs a backing and then it has to be quilted with the border put on it. They will finish it for me, and Kurt and I will pick it up in October when we spend the day there to celebrate our anniversary! Surprise, Kurt!!



This place has the absolute best ice cream ever! Sorry Creamery!! It was just luck that I found it....almost didn't....went down someone else's driveway by mistake...oopsies:

Kieran: "Hmmm....strawberry....or peanut butter swirl!??!?"
Kieran: "Peanut butter swirl!!!"
Kieran to the girl behind the counter: "One scoop of strawberry, please...."
Kieran to me halfway thru his cone: "I just realized I ordered strawberry....I wanted peanut butter swirl!!!"

Such tiny cones!

They have a drive thru now!! When we got there and were waiting to order, I noticed a horse and buggy at the window! Now that woulda' been a great pic!!


I found these next EIGHT pics on my camera that I hadn't taken...LOL! And I deleted about 20 others that were blurry!! Enjoy!









2 comments:

Fiona said...

So glad my son hijacked your camera!!

Kieran said...

I'm glad I hijacked it too!!!