Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ham and Scalloped Potato Casserole

I joined a group on Facebook called the Crockpot Recipe Exchange group. There are so many good looking recipes, this was just one that I tried tonight. It was very good despite the fact that I forgot to add the grated sharp cheddar cheese the last half hour...oopsies.
Thinly slice 8 potatoes (I used my Pampered Chef slicer):

Add one onion chopped and one pound cubed ham (I used two ham steaks):

Mix 1 oz country gravy mix (this pack was 2.5 oz...I just used half of it), 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and 2 cups water:

Pour over potato mix:

Cook in the crock pot on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours. Add 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese the last half hour. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but let me assure you it tasted yummy!! I cooked it on high for about 4 hrs and 15 mins...I think 3 and a half hours on high would be perfect!

No comments: